In August 2012, Visit Cheyenne earned the top accreditation for the tourism industry from Washington, DC, based Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI).
Currently, only 148 visitor bureaus worldwide have been awarded this accreditation. Visit Cheyenne is the only bureau from Wyoming to have earned the status.
HSMAI's (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) Bronze Adrian Award in 2012 was awarded to Visit Cheyenne and Tucker & Associates for Public Relations efforts.
HSMAI awarded Visit Cheyenne and Madden Media the Gold Adrian Award in 2013 for Public Relations efforts.
True West magazine voted Cheyenne as ...
#1 Western Town, 2009
#5 Western Town, 2008
#4 Western Town, 2007
American Cowboy magazine's Reader's Choice Awards in 2009:
Best Rodeo: Cheyenne Frontier Days
Best Art Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale
Best Overall Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days
American Cowboy magazine names Cheyenne one of the "20 Best Places to Live in the West" and highlights Cheyenne Frontier Days, Big Boy, Bit-O-Wyo Ranch, the Cheyenne Depot Museum, and Terry Bison Ranch.
The American Lung Association ranked Cheyenne as ...
* #1 Cleanest Air City, 2007-present
* Listed as the #1 Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Cities for Year-round Particle Pollution and Laramie County as #3 for the Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Counties for Year-round Particle Pollution (read the 2013 State of the Air Report here.)
New Supplier Member of the Year 2004, Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Society of Governmental Meeting Planners (SGMP).
Fifth Best Convention & Visitor Bureau Website 2003, Successful Meetings magazine.
Best Visitor Services program in 2001, Western Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus.
Above and Beyond Award and the Visit Cheyenne from Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve ( Wyoming Chapter), 2004.
Certified Destination Management Executive (CMDE) designation from the Destination Marketing Association International (formerly IACVB), 2005.
* Wyoming Travel Industry Coalition
* Wyoming Travel and Tourism
* Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
* Greater Cheyenne Foundation
* Membership Committee of Destination Marketing Association International (past member)
* Member Rocky Mountain Chapter of PCMA
* Member Meeting Planners International (MPI)
* Past Board President of Special Friends
* Author of "Haunted Cheyenne," 2013