Awards & Honors
Accredited Destination Marketing Organization
In August 2017, Visit Cheyenne earned reaccreditation for the tourism industry from Washington, DC, based Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI now Destinations International).
Currently, only 148 visitor bureaus worldwide have been awarded this accreditation. Visit Cheyenne is the only bureau from Wyoming to have earned the status.
Bureau Staff Awards
* Destination International Foundation, Board of Directors 2014-Present.
* Wyoming Travel and Tourism, Chairman 2016-2017. Vice-Chairman 2015-2016.
* Wyoming Travel Industry Coalition
* Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce
* Greater Cheyenne Foundation
Above and Beyond Award and the Visit Cheyenne from Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve ( Wyoming Chapter), 2004.
Certified Destination Management Executive (CMDE) designation from the Destination Marketing Association International (formerly IACVB), 2005.
* Director of Programs Rocky Mountain Chapter of PCMA
* Member Meeting Planners International (MPI)
* Marketing Co-Chair Wyoming Brewfest
* Nominated for RMPCMA Corporate Supplier of the Year 2016
* Past Board President of Special Friends
* Author of "Haunted Cheyenne," 2013
* Author "Haunted Warren Air Force Base," 2014
* Destination International Visitor Services Advisory Committee
* Cheyenne Frontier Days Volunteer of the Year 2015
* Graduate Leadership Cheyenne 2016
* CFD HEELS Inductee 2016
* Honorary Commander 582D Operations Support Squadron
* Nominated for SGMP Corporate Supplier of the Year, 2016
Convention Services Awards
Nominated for Corporate Supplier of the Year 2016, Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Society of Governmental Meeting Planners (SGMP).
Nominated for Supplier of the Year 2016, RMPCMA
Best Place for Healthy Living
The American Lung Association ranked Cheyenne as ...
* #1 Cleanest Air City, 2007-present
* Listed as the #1 Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Cities for Year-round Particle Pollution and Laramie County as #3 for the Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Counties for Year-round Particle Pollution (read the 2013 State of the Air Report here.)
Honored with Adrian Awards
HSMAI's (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) Bronze Adrian Award in 2012 was awarded to Visit Cheyenne and Tucker & Associates for Public Relations efforts.
HSMAI awarded Visit Cheyenne and Madden Media the Gold Adrian Award in 2013 for Public Relations efforts.
Honored for Western Heritage
True West magazine voted Cheyenne as ...
#1 Western Town, 2009
#5 Western Town, 2008
#4 Western Town, 2007
American Cowboy magazine's Reader's Choice Awards in 2009:
Best Rodeo: Cheyenne Frontier Days
Best Art Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale
Best Overall Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days
American Cowboy magazine names Cheyenne one of the "20 Best Places to Live in the West" and highlights Cheyenne Frontier Days, Big Boy, Bit-O-Wyo Ranch, the Cheyenne Depot Museum, and Terry Bison Ranch.