The dining scene in Cheyenne offers visitors the opportunity to get a taste of The West that includes barn dinners, cowboy cookouts and saloons. The city also affords options that range from fine dining to family friendly. Cheyenne is also home to a number of local breweries, crafting a variety of seasonal brews.
• Bit-O-Wyo Ranch Horse Barn Dinner Show - Arrive around 6 p.m. and "settle in" for the best cowboy entertainment in the Wild West. Horses and wranglers are introduced before guests go through "chuckwagon line" for a cowboy steak dinner. Enjoy the cowboy show including music and comedy.
• Capitol Grille - Located in the Historic Plains Hotel, this restaurant features creative cuisine of America, specializing in Western classics.
• The Senator's Restaurant & Brass Buffalo Saloon - Located at Terry Bison Ranch, this old-West restaurant and bar is open June through September for lunch and dinner, as well as breakfast during Cheyenne Frontier Days.
• Morris House Bistro - The Morris House Bistro features upscale, Lowcountry Southern cuisine. Lowcountry cooking has strong parallels with New Orleans and Cajun cuisines. The Morris House Bistro offers that - with the flavor of Wyoming.
• Poor Richard's Restaurant - For 28 years, Poor Richard's has been Cheyenne's family owned and operated restaurant, serving fine food and beverages and known for their steaks and seafood. Features beautiful stained glass windows.
• Little Bear Inn - Originally a saloon and gambling hall, Little Bear Inn is a steakhouse that specializes in aged steaks that are cut in house. For seafood lovers, Little Bear offers "World famous fancy fried lobster."
Family Owned & Operated
• The Albany - Opened in 1942 and a local favorite, The Albany is family-owned restaurant and bar featuring American fare and time-tested and proven recipes developed by the Kallas family and staff. The restaurant was once a 40 room hotel.
Bars & Breweries
• Shadows Pub and Grille - Delight in a historic place with a historic taste. This full service restaurant features stone-fired pizza and hand crafted ales.
• Sanford's Grub & Pub - Features a huge collection of on tap brews in a fun and friendly restaurant environment.
• Freedom's Edge Tap House Brewing Co. - Brewer of hand-crafted ales in historic Tivoli Building of Cheyenne. The Tivoli Building was built in 1892 and was operated by the Richardson brothers as a saloon (and reportedly a brothel) during the period when Cheyenne was known as the "Paris of The West".
• The Outlaw Saloon- Cheyenne's hot spot for country and rock music with big name acts and live bands every night of the week. This saloon holds the largest dance floor in Cheyenne and southeastern Wyoming. There are over 26,000 square feet with 5 bars, 4 pool tables, 4 dart boards, an outside patio, and an indoor/outdoor stage area.
• Bunkhouse Bar & Grill - A fun place with great food featuring a laid back atmosphere and the best steak in the West.