The romance and feel of the West won't be lost on kids visiting Cheyenne with their families. Home to a myriad of interactive activities and experiences, the city affords the opportunity for an unforgettable family vacation that is both fun and educational.
• Children's Village at Cheyenne Botanic Gardens - The three-quarter acre site is filled with numerous specialty, interactive landscapes including a natural wetlands, gravity powered water works, farmers windmill, sculptures, a "secret garden," arts & crafts, picnic orchard, puppet theatre and more.
• Cheyenne Big Boots Tour - The eight foot tall cowboy boots have been carefully painted by local artists to show Wyoming's and Cheyenne's history. Attempt a scavenger hunt and find all 19 of the giant boots via the location maps available at The Depot in the visitor's center.
• Terry Bison Ranch - Located on nearly 30,000 acres of rolling countryside spotted with more than 2,300 bison. Features good old-fashioned western fun and overnight accommodations, including cabins, bunkhouse rooms and 86 full hook-up RV sites.
• Horse Drawn Carriage Rides- Ride a horse-drawn carriage through the historic downtown area of Cheyenne with the family.
• Wyoming State Museum - The Wyoming State Museum serves as an educational, historical, and cultural institution, whose goal is to collect, preserve, and interpret artifacts that reflect the human and natural history of Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain West. The museum features kids rooms with interactive exhibits, games and crafts.
• Gunslinger Performances - You will think you have gone back in time. See gunfights, western skits, and other Wild West activities in Gunslinger Square. All of the shows are family-oriented. You won't get cussin' and blood in the shows, just a lot of excitement and laughs.