VISIT CHEYENNE CEO SEARCH
Job Description and Posting for Visit Cheyenne CEO
Visit Cheyenne is the official tourism organization for Cheyenne and Laramie County, Wyoming. Visit Cheyenne develops, promotes, and protects the Cheyenne area travel industry, creating memorable experiences for visitors and enhancing the quality of life for local residents.
Visit Cheyenne has earned the highest industry accreditation for destination marketing organizations - the DMAP certification through Destinations International in 2012 and earned re-accreditation in 2017.
Visit Cheyenne’s current operating budget is $2.3 million with a team of 8 full-time employees plus several part-time employees. Visit Cheyenne is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of members appointed by Laramie County, the City of Cheyenne, Pine Bluffs, Burns, and Albin.
Duties of the CEO Position
* Responsible for the sales, marketing and administrative functions of the Bureau and shall develop and administer all tourism, meeting/convention, public relations, product development, visitor center, governmental relations, and group tour programs needed to meet Bureau objectives.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of the Bureau’s annual business plan, including the achievement goals and objectives set forth therein, unless otherwise constrained by Board action.
* Responsible for the preparation of an annual operating budget encompassing all activities and operations of the Bureau and supporting the approved business plan. The budget shall be subject to review and approval of the Board of Directors.
* Serves as advisor to the Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors and other designated committees. The President shall perform other duties as assigned by the Chairman of the Board, the Board of Directors, and its committees.
* Responsible for the management of the Bureau's personnel (full-time, part-time, volunteers), shall hold staff meetings, conduct annual personnel evaluations, and hold other individual meetings as necessary as part of ongoing personnel supervision.
* Assembles information and prepare reports that may be required by the Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors. This includes the preparation of necessary financial reports and audits.
* Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and other designated committees in an advisory, non-voting capacity.
* Be very visible in the community, educating elected officials and the public on the value of the travel industry to Laramie County. This role is vital since the local lodging tax is voted on by the general public every four years.
* Responsible for the management of the fleet of Cheyenne Street Railway Trolleys (currently 4). The CEO will prepare an annual Trolley budget and plan, manage trolley drivers, be responsible for Trolley financial and other reports, and respond to the directives of the Board regarding Trolley operation.
* Interacts with economic development, government, and tourism leaders to promote tourism and other community infrastructure, as well as promote the community to both visitors and residents.
* Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in the hospitality industry.
* Bachelor’s degree in a hospitality-related field such as marketing, business administration, communications, hotel management, or similar.
* Knowledge of the travel industry, including meeting sales, group tour markets, tourism product development, and marketing trends. Personal contacts in the travel industry are a valuable plus.
* Ability to speak, write, and communicate with members of the media, travel industry, business community, and public.
* Strong ability to lead and supervise people, and give direct, clear instructions for job assignments, as well as evaluate the impact decisions will have on future Bureau plans and community relationships.
* Self-starter who budgets time and energy, is responsible for deadlines, and is creative and entrepreneurial in seeking new solutions to accomplish goals and solve problems.
* Ability to work closely with the Board and travel industry personnel both inside and outside Laramie County.
* Live in Laramie County, WY.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid health and dental insurance, plus a Simple IRA retirement plan. The start date for the CEO position is anticipated to be no later than March 1, 2020.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to the CEO search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.