Visit Cheyenne earned the tourism industry’s highest accreditation for destination marketing organizations - the DMAP certification from Destinations International in 2012. To earn this distinction, an organization must meet more than 80 standards on such topics as governance, finance, administration, marketing, communications, sales, and more. Approximately 200 destination marketing organizations worldwide have achieved this accreditation. (Destinations International is the international organization for destination marketing organizations.)
Visit Cheyenne earned re-accreditation in 2017.
Bureau Staff Awards
Darren Rudloff * Certified Destination Management Executive (CMDE) designation from Destinations International, 2005. (Destinations International is the international organization for destination marketing organizations.)
* Destinations International Foundation, Board of Directors 2014-17.
* Wyoming Office of Tourism Board of Directors, 2012-present. Chairman 2016-2018. Vice-Chairman 2015-2016.
* Wyoming Travel Industry Coalition Board of Directors, 1997-present. Chairman 2004-2006. Vice Chair 2002-2003. Treasurer 1999-2001.
* Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Ex-Officio Board member.
* Cheyenne LEADs Ex-Officio Board member.
* Greater Cheyenne Foundation Board member.
* Discover Cheyenne Board member. (Discover Cheyenne is the foundation affiliated with Visit Cheyenne) * Above and Beyond Award from Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (Wyoming Chapter), 2004.
* Recent professional presentations: Destinations International CEO Summit (Puerto Rico 2016), Destinations International Annual Convention (Seattle 2012), Civic Tourism II Conference (Providence 2008), National Park and Recreation Assoc. Congress (Atlanta 2011), and 3 museum directors conferences (Houston 2012, Kansas City 2008, Cheyenne 2009).
* Travel Industry Association of America Board of Directors, 1995-96. Texas Travel Industry Association Board of Directors, 1995-96.
* Master of Public Affairs. The University of Texas, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs.
* Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Minor in Business Administration. Texas A&M University. Magna Cum Laude.
* Board of Directors Rocky Mountain Chapter of PCMA, 2016 Programs, 2017 President Elect, 2018 President.
* Director representing PCMA on the Meetings Industry of Colorado Board.
* Member of Meeting Planners International (MPI).
* Nominated for RMPCMA 2016 Award of Dedication as a Supplier.
* Received the 2017 RMPCMA Award of Dedication as a Supplier.
* 2014 Graduate of Leadership Cheyenne.
* Certified Destination Management Executive (CMDE) designation from the Destinations International, Projected 2018.
* Member of the Rotary Club of Cheyenne. Board of Directors 2016-2019.
* M.S., Service Management. Rochester Institute of Technology.
* B.A., Journalism/Mass Communications. Saint Bonaventure University.
* Destination International Visitor Services Advisory Committee
* Author of Haunted Cheyenne, 2013.
* Author Haunted Warren Air Force Base, 2014.
* Past Board President of Special Friends.
* Honorary Commander 582D Operations Support Squadron.
* Nominated for SGMP Corporate Supplier of the Year, 2016.
* 2017 SGMP GEM Award for outstanding dedication to the Rocky Mountain Chapter.
* Simpleview Website CRM Certification, 2018.
* Member of Meeting Planners International.
* Member of Christian Meetings and Conventions Association.
Convention Services Awards
* 2017 Sustaining Professional Member Organization of the Year by the Rocky Mountain Chapter of PCMA.
* Nominated for Corporate Supplier of the Year 2016, Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Society of Governmental Meeting Planners (SGMP).
* Nominated for Corporate Supplier of the Year 2017, Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Society of Governmental Meeting Planners (SGMP).
* Nominated for Supplier of the Year 2016, RMPCMA.
* Awarded an Honorary State Degree from the Wyoming Future Farmers of America in 2015.
* HSMAI's (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) Bronze Adrian Award in 2012 for Public Relations efforts.
* HSMAI’s Gold Adrian Award in 2013 for Public Relations efforts.
* Listed as the #1 Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Cities for Year-round Particle Pollution and Laramie County as #3 for the Top 25 Cleanest U.S. Counties for Year-round Particle Pollution (read the 2013 State of the Air Report here.)
Honored for Western Heritage
True West magazine voted Cheyenne as ...
#1 Western Town, 2009 #5 Western Town, 2008 #4 Western Town, 2007
American Cowboy magazine's Reader's Choice Awards in 2009: Best Rodeo: Cheyenne Frontier Days Best Art Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale Best Overall Event: Cheyenne Frontier Days
American Cowboy magazine names Cheyenne one of the "20 Best Places to Live in the West" and highlights Cheyenne Frontier Days, Big Boy, Bit-O-Wyo Ranch, the Cheyenne Depot Museum, and Terry Bison Ranch.