Visit Cheyenne Job Description
Job Title: Destination Events Specialist
Reports to: Vice President / Director of Sales and Marketing AND Visit Cheyenne CEO
Job Classification: Full-Time, exempt
The Destination Events Specialist will be responsible for planning and executing events for Visit Cheyenne designed to enhance the visitor experience and offerings of Laramie County, Wyoming.
Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of four years of professional work experience. This position requires the ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment assuming personal ownership and accountability for projects, goals and outcomes. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships across all age groups and organizational levels. Also requires strong planning, organization and project management skills with the initiative and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. This position requires a valid driver’s license and ability to travel independently within the Front Range. Ability to work varying hours as evening, early morning and weekend time will be required.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be qualified to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be available, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and manage Visit Cheyenne signature events which might include ComicCon, Restaurant Week, Cheyenne Days, Legendary Nights, FallFest(Ghost tours/OctoberFeast) and Old West Holiday and Hell on Wheels Rodeo.
- Develop a network of event subcontractors that make planning each community event a simple process
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, creation of timelines, venue identification, menu development, ticketing, sponsorship fulfillment, printing and design of materials and websites, and budget developing and tracking
- Collaborate with several departments within Visit Cheyenne as well as local community groups and businesses
- Attend community functions to network and identify potential opportunities
- Develop sponsorship prospectus and attain sponsorship goals to fund the events
- Create summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered from current community events can be used to develop successful future events
- Manage seasonal and contract staff and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job will frequently require the individual to work outside in all weather conditions.
This position is a salaried full-time position in the $40,000 to $45,000 range with benefits as outlined in the Visit Cheyenne Employee manual. This position also earns a commission on the sponsorship sales.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.