Leading Our Destination
With Laramie County's and Cheyenne’s recent growth and amidst the rapid recovery from the COVID19 pandemic, Visit Cheyenne, along with its economic partners, endeavored to craft a Tourism Master Plan unlike any other.
Overseen by a steering committee of stakeholders, we partnered with Rudloff Solutions and the University of Wyoming’s Outdoor Recreation and Tourism Management Degree students. The students brought a scholarly element and a fresh perspective on our community. The steering committee selected 36 documents vetted and finalized by the community, ranging from business plans to statewide strategic plans. The students then did a literature review of these documents and honed in on five actionable themes.
To ensure we heard our constituents and to test the validity of the actionable themes, we surveyed residents and visitors and held stakeholder interviews. With this feedback, we presented the developed strategies to the steering committee and refined the plan into what you see in the Cheyenne Tourism Master Plan.
Our community’s Tourism Master Plan aims to increase the economic impact and vibrancy of visitor economy in several ways:
- Giving visitors additional reasons to stay longer and spend more with local businesses and attractions
- Developing additional tourism assets
- Supporting the Tourism industry
- Strengthening the community brand as a global destination
- Increasing our ability to host high-impact meetings and conventions
- Working with community partners toward shared goals