Adventure Within Reach...
Things To Know Before You Go…
- While in our great outdoors, respect the rights of other adventure seekers,including private property owners.
- Be respectful of wild animals and the land on which they live. Leave the area better than you found it.
- Conventional restrooms may not be available in the area you are visiting, so come prepared.
- Pets are welcome, but please obey any posted leash laws. Restrictions do not apply to guide dogs.
- What to bring: Cell phone, I.D., area map(s), drinking water, food, sunscreen, and a basic first aid.
- Wyoming weather at high elevations can change quickly. Check a reliable weather source before you head out, bring clothes and supplies suitable for the weather, and keep an eye on the sky while out and about.
- Be sure to tell someone where you plan to go.
- Altitude sickness is not uncommon above 8,000 feet. Symptoms may include headache, fatigue, stomach illness, dizziness, and sleep disturbance. Drink plenty of water when visiting high elevations and seek medical treatment if you are experiencing severe symptoms.
- Rules and regulations for man-made fires vary depending upon the area you are visiting. If you build a fire, bring the necessary tools to both start and thoroughly extinguish it. Check specific fire regulations and burn restrictions in advance of your trip.
IN THE SPOTLIGHT