About the Visitors Bureau
Visit Cheyenne's Mission
Visit Cheyenne develops, promotes, and protects the Cheyenne area travel industry, thereby creating memorable experiences for visitors and economic impact for Laramie County.
Did you know?
- In 2018, Cheyenne and Laramie County welcome an estimated 1.76 million overnight visitors.
- Visitors spent $346 million in the Cheyenne area (Laramie County) in 2017, providing 2970 local jobs.
- Laramie County has the 3rd highest level of traveler spending among Wyoming counties, behind Teton & Park Counties.
- If the travel industry were a single business, it would rank as the county's third largest employer behind F.E. Warren Air Force Base and The State of Wyoming.
- Travelers spent $9.5 million a day in Wyoming in 2018.
- Without the tax contribution of tourists, each Laramie County household would pay an additional $516 in taxes to maintain existing government services.