About the Visitors Bureau
Visit Cheyenne's Mission
Visit Cheyenne develops, promotes, and protects the Cheyenne area travel industry, thereby creating memorable experiences for visitors and economic impact for Laramie County.
Did you know?
- In 2019, Cheyenne and Laramie County welcome an estimated 1.1 million overnight visitors.
- Visitors spent $380 million in the Cheyenne area (Laramie County) in 2019, providing 3100 local jobs.
- Visitors paid $22 million in state and local taxes in 2019.
- Laramie County has the 3rd highest level of traveler spending among Wyoming counties, behind Teton & Park Counties.
- If the travel industry were a single business, it would rank as the county's third largest employer behind F.E. Warren Air Force Base and The State of Wyoming.
- Travelers spent more than $1 million a day in Laramie County and $10.8 million a day in Wyoming in 2019.
- Without the tax contribution of tourists, each Laramie County household would pay an additional $571 in taxes to maintain existing government services.