About the Visitors Bureau
Visit Cheyenne's Mission
The mission of Visit Cheyenne, the Convention & Visitors Bureau, is to promote the Cheyenne area as a travel destination to both leisure and business travelers. Visit Cheyenne strives to attract visitors to the Cheyenne area, thereby increasing visitor expenditures in the county.
Did you know?
- Cheyenne and Laramie County welcome an estimated 1.75 million overnight visitors and 2.18 million day visitors annually.
- Visitors spent $338 million in the Cheyenne area (Laramie County) in 2015, providing 3070 local jobs.
- Laramie County has the 2nd highest level of traveler spending among Wyoming counties, behind only Teton County.
- If the travel industry were a single business, it would rank as the county's third largest employer behind F.E. Warren Air Force Base and The State of Wyoming.
- Cheyenne's 2015 lodging occupancy rate of 61.3% means that more than 1,500 hotel rooms are booked every single night of the year.